Thursday, September 15, 2005

Not Much This Week

Well, other than the fact that Michael, our organizing pastor passed his ordination exams and is set for an actual ordination on November 13.

This is one small step in the long series of baby steps we are taking as the Church Plant continues to take shape.

This week, Michael is traveling on a fundraising trip for the church plant, so I'll be here in New York continuing the several projects on which I've been working (youth curriculum, small group stuff, website stuff, evangelistic programs, etc.) I hope that when he returns, I will be able to accurately report to him on all these things so I don't look like I've been dead weight in the early part of the Fellows program.

Now that Michael's ordination procedure is behind us, things should begin to snowball until our launch in November. Please pray for each of us involved in the church plant, Michael, me and the whole launch community, that we would remain dilligent and focussed as the days draw closer for the start of the church.

There is one additional note of praise this week. My fellow Fellow Reyn, announced today that he and his wife Esther are expecting their first child. The baby is due April 1, which Reyn thinks is funny. His wife, however isn't thrilled about having an April Fool's baby. In any event, it was a happy announcement and we're all excited.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joshua 6:27 said...

Good to keep getting the updates from you man! (My wife reads your blog more than I do, must be the robes in the picture,...I don't have any robes just yet, working on it though). Thanks for linking me, you're linked to http://joshua627.blogspot.com. Keep writing and we'll keep reading,...In Him: nerdly.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home