Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas in Queens

Well, here we are. Christmas arrives this Monday and I've done no shopping, I'm behind on my support letter writing, and my parents arrive for a visit late Saturday night, not to mention, I'm broke. This time of year is always busy, especially when you're involved in ministry.

As exhausted as I am, I'm just as excited about what God is doing through Ascension Church this season. Last week's children's program and family Christmas extravaganza we hosted was a smash hit. We had lot's of people visit with us and made some good connections. People were very excited with the crafts, games, and music and it was a thrill to see how positive our volunteers were, and that the community was able to see that we weren't just a dry bunch of Presbyterians who get together once a week for services. What was apparent was that this church is active and involved in the community.

Last year, when Christmas and New Year's were on Sunday, and we were still meeting in the library, we were unable to have worship services. This year, I'm happy that we will have our weekly worship on Christmas Eve and New Year's eve, without interruption.

Oh yeah, about those Christmas support letters. Most of you will hear from me by both e-mail and snail mail. The e-mail will probably get to most of you first, rendering the letter nore of a year-end report than a Christmas letter. Sorry about that, but my time is not exactly my own these days. Also, many of you received something from me with the Christmas letter. That'll be coming as well if I can work it out, but it may not get to you until January. Money's a bit tight these days too. Save some wall space.

Have a most blessed Christmas.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Merry Christmas, bro!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home