Thursday, November 24, 2005

Give Thanks Always

I have very little update this week aside from a few key items. I plan to join my sister and brother-in-law for Thanksgiving at his brother's home on Long Island. Apparently they have a rather large, two-level Lazy Susan reserved for holiday meals. Before I left for Mississippi three years ago, it was merely a concept. Now, it would seem, it has become a reality. I hope to take a picture of it and post it here next week. We'll see.

Sunday morning I received a telephone call from Roseann Kytka informing me that Michael was sick and unable to preach. The next obvious request from her was that I preach. Though I'm generally not a fan of preaching on the fly, I have a rather extensive archive of sermon outlines from passages I've preached in the past. Thankfully I was able to grab one of them and preach on short notice. Sure, the guy gets himself ordained and I end up preaching the next week. Oy Vey!Whattaya gunna do? Adventures in Church Planting.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I promise a more thorough update next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joshua 6:27 said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jack,

we sure do miss you down here. thanks for blogging and letting us know what going on in NY. we're prayin for ya and rootin for ya. talk to you later man,

nerdly

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home