Thursday, July 20, 2006

Short Comments this Week

I need to keep this brief because I'm swamped with preparations for our Vacation Bible School program next week. I do want to update you on a few things I mentioned last week.

As, I mentioned, I had my first exposure to the New York City comedy scene on Tuesday night at the New York Comedy Club. Several people I invited came, most of whom were connected with my own church or me connections through Redeemer Presbyterian Church. I was up near the middle of the evening and was far and away, the cleanest comic of the evening... and I don't mean that I showered before I came. All the other guys filled their material with various forms of vulgarity. They couldn't figure out why so many people in the crowd weren't laughing. They didn't know, of course, that my friends were church-goers. Go figure.

I went over pretty well. Got a few laughs. The guys at the club invited me back this coming Tuesday but because of our VBS program at church, I declined. I'll be playing there the following Thursday though. I think it's good for people to see that you don't need to dig up the dirt in order to be funny.

Please pray for my random job search and our VBS program next week. I gotta go for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home