Thursday, April 19, 2007

April Showers? Fuggedaboudit!

This past Sunday, the Northeast got clobbered with a rare Spring Nor'easter that brought with it heavy winds and rain with cold temperatures and localized flooding. While most of Queens was spared any serious trouble (Kew Gardens, where I live, and Forest Hills are topographically high ground), but parts of Long Island, New Jersey and Westchester County saw some of the worst flooding in years. The worst thing about this week's weather in Queens was the rain and, what one radio weatherman described, temperatures that were "disappointingly chilly." (A phrase I could use do describe some dates I've been on).

There is sunshine on the horizon though, unseasonably warm weather is in the forecast for the weekend. At this time of the year, there always hope for brighter days ahead.

With all the ministries and activities we have planned at Ascension Church, you might say we have a similar hope for brighter days. From a Gospel perspective, central Queens, may be seen as "disappointingly chilly," but as we continue to build up and proclaim the Kingdom here, there is always a relentless hope for brighter days ahead. In the midst of this whirlwind, we are doing lots of follow-up from EasterFest. People filled out cards to share with us particular areas of interest and we are getting back to people to keep them in the know and hopefully get them invloved.

On another note, tax day has come and gone. Though not as bad as last year, Uncle Sam emptied my pockets. Yes, I have a full-time (non-ministry job) to pay the bills, and some tax is taken from that, but I'm still a great distance from returning to full-time ministry and tax returns remind me that my fundraising efforts still need to increase. With that said, if any of you have spend stime contemplating ministry gifts (or if you just don't know what to do with that big tax refund you got this year), I humbly suggest that you consider me and my work at Ascension Church... all gifts are tax-deductable (helpful during next year's returns). Gift checks should be made out to Ascension Church and sent to my attention at my home address: 83-44 Lefferts Blvd. Apt. 3C; Kew Gardens, NY 11415. This is an exciting ministry where God is doing some amazing things, and it would be great to have you on board with us.

Stay tuned for weekly updates and please keep us in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home