Thursday, April 12, 2007

EasterFest Report

As I've been telling you for several weeks, much planning and prayer went into our EasterFest program this past weekend and I'm happy to report on God's extraordinary blessings in this event.

Our best guess at numbers would have in excess of 300 people from Forest Hills and the surrounding neighborhoods attending Ascension's EasterFest 2007.

Our various teams showed up early saturday morning to prepare the auditorium and gymnasium with decorations, flowers, sound systems, tables and chairs. We even brought in hay from a local stable (I know this is Queens, but there is a bridle stable in the neighborhood for horse riding in Forest Park) for our Easter Egg hunt.

It was so exciting to see such strong turnout and everyone who came and those who helped out, were thrilled that God brought so many people to us on an unseasonably cold day in April. It is yet to be seen how this event will effect the church over the long haul, but it's comforting to know that so many people had an interaction with the Gospel. Everyone who came got a packet which included information on the church's ministries, a welcome letter from Michael Kytka, our pastor, and a book offering an apologetic for the resurrection of Jesus.

I apologize for the expression on my face in the last picture on this blog post, but this is what happens when someone is taking candid pictures and in the midst of a flurry of activity... you look at the camera. But hey, I rarely include pictures of myself on this blog. Occasionally I need to provide you visual proof that I actually work at this church.

God continues to amaze and encourage us in our work here, and it's my joy to share the excitement right here each week. Keep Ascension Church and our continued development in your prayers.























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home