Thursday, May 10, 2007

Speaking and Tweaking

It was my turn to do the Alpha talk tonight, and it went pretty well. Attendance has fluxuated, but it hasn't been disappointing because we know that God is bringing to people to the course that He wants there. It wasn't a sermon, it was simply a talk aimed at generating discussion. There's a great deal of apologetics in running this Alpha Course, something that is an important discipline here in Queens (well, anywhere actually, but the need for it in Queens is pronounced).

By the way, this isn't a picture of me speaking at Alpha. It was actually taken last summer when I was a guest speaker at a Korean church retreat in Pennsylvania, but I don't have many pictures of me speaking, so I thought I'd use it here.

In any event, Alpha continues into June, other ministries continue to develop and our opportunities are coming at us rapid fire. It's all I can do to get a decent night's sleep. I know pastors (and aspiring pastors like me) are often accused of bring workaholics and to some extent, that's true, but there is something to be said for how much work there is to be done. Between the workaholic disposition and the volume of projects going, only God's grace can bring us through. The Gospel has amazing power.

Please keep my boss, Michael and his family in your prayers. His father is quite ill and Michael is taking on a lot of additional responsibilities on top of all the work he's doing for Ascension Church. Needless to say he and his family are under a lot of pressure and facing a lot of challenges these days and I'm sure he'd appreciate your prayers.

Lastly, tomorrow is my mother's birthday and I would be remiss to not mention it here. I've had the blessing of a loving mother all these years and God has been most gracious to me for giving me such a wonderful mother. I also know she reads my blog, so, "Happy Birthday, Mom."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home