Thursday, June 28, 2007

Taking Aim; Drying Out

This Saturday I'm taking the youth group at church to an archery range in Flushing (for my readers outside the NYC area, when you live in Queens, Flushing is a neighborhood, not an action), We will be taking lessons and renting equipment and shooting at somje targets. During the warmer weather, it's good to take the youth on a few outings from time to time to provide some additional excitement on the part of the kids and to give them an opportunity to invite friends. Don't worry about me and my group of junior high kids brandishing weapons, it's entirely supervised.

We also need to do a little drying out after what felt like a typhoon last night. We has a few hot and humid days lately, so we were about due for a nasty thunderstorm, but yesterday's rain was strangely powerful. I had nothing in the fridge for dinner and had to venture out into the elements. Ugh! Word to the wise, jeans in the rain act more like a sponge. I must have weighed 20 pounds more when I got back home and in from the rain.

At least in another part of Queens, a 91 minute delay, at Mets pulled out a win in a rain-shortened game. Hey, first place in a tight division is tough to maintain. Hey, it's a better place to be than the other baseball team in town. This season, I wouldn't say the Bronx Bombers are in a "tight" race. But I'll postpone my gloating until the end of the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home