Thursday, January 05, 2006

We Now Return to our Regularly Scheduled Program

After an unintentional break in our church planting efforts, January brings us back to reality as we look forward to our broadening service on the 15th.

More on that in a second. First, the holidays were busy for me. I went with my parents to my sister and brother-in-law's home in Connecticut for the New Year (since we didn't have a worship service on the 1st with the church plant). It was great to spend some time with my nephews Tyler (3) and Zachary (1). I also thought I'd bless you all with a picture of them. It snowed on New Year's Eve there and the whole area looked like a Christmas post card. The New England coast always looks like a post card, but even more so this time. We had a fire going in the fireplace and it was festive. Of course when you put an animated group of people like my family together, it's interesting to put it mildly.

As I said earlier, our broadening service is scheduled for January 15th, and we are very excited. Our music program, under my direction, is taking shape and we are already rehearsing music not only for this week, but for the broadening service so we can put our best foot forward at that service. We will share our name with the launch community this week after the worship service (I'll inform you here next week) and our programs are seeing renewed life with the new year. Our home fellowship groups re-convene beginning this evening and I plan to take the boys in the church to see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe next weekend.


My friend Becky made the observation that I represent a portion of a deck of cards: My name is Jack and I'm serving the King in Queens. To expand the metaphor slightly, we'll have our ace if we can get a full house on January 15th. I know you're laughing out loud right now.

Prayer Concerns: Michael continues his physical therapy for his back amidst all our planning. He is doing a wonderful job keeping focus despite his pain. Invitations have been sent out for our broadening service and we hope to keep some of these visitors and invite them to worship with us regularly. Following the broadening, we will be developing a concerted evangelistic effort leading up to our public launch near Palm Sunday. Many of you have shown me great generosity over the holidays with your contributions to our work here. If any of you are still considering additional support or joining with me, you can make checks out to Redeemer Presbyterian Church with my name on the memo line. Send them to me at 83-44 Lefferts Blvd. Apt. 3C; Kew Gardens, NY 11415.

That's all for this week. Check back next week for my announcement of our church name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home