Thursday, August 17, 2006

Getting out of Dodge

In the midst of everything that's been going on with me right now (job search, church work, etc.), I had a unique opportunity this week to get out of the city for a day.

I have been engulfed in the job search of late, as you may know, but through a friend of mine, a pastor at a Korean Presbyterian Church in Baltimore, I had the opportunity to speak at a youth retreat in Pennsylvania. With everything I'm doing, it was great to get out of the city and take in a little country air. It was fun. The picture below is of Mike Kearney, my friend who set this up, and his youth group. Obviously, he's not Korean and neither am I, but this group of kids was primarily second generation teenagers who speak and understand English... hence, my ability to speak to them.

While I am looking for full-time work to make up for my discontinued stipend, my obvious preference is to do things that revolve around ministry, and this was a great chance to broaden my experiences and do what I love to do most; preach the Gospel.

Last week, I mentioned my work hocking comedy tickets on the street. I dropped that job because the pay was wildly disproportionate to the amount of work involved. It also interfered with my ability fo find legitimate work. I will, however, continue my semi-weekly schtick at the New York Comedy club. Please continue to pray for my employment and financial situation, as well as my continued, part-time involvement in the ministries of Ascension Church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home