Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bringin' it Home
You didn't actually think that the New York Mets could win the Division title without a mention of it in my blog, did you? Of course, the inevitable church planting comparison follows. Pardon me while I gloat.

On Monday night the Amazin's captured the National League Eastern Division Championship with a win over the Florida Marlins at Shea... and they did it right here in Queens. It's great to see the title go to another team than the one owned by that media mogul in Atlanta who doesn't like God.

As I've said before on this site, I'm all about building a winning team in Queens and the Mets get me excited. We've been building a winning team since April, just like the Mets. Last week, we broke the previous week's attendance record, and the hits just keep on coming. Our home field, like Shea Stadium, is in Queens. In a town that seems to gravitate to another team, it's great to see a different one getting some credit for a change.

Since I mentioned the other team, I have to say something else. They managed to win their division title too. Unlike the Mets, however, they did it by loosing a game in Canada. I'm sure they have a fan out there who's blogging and making comparisons between baseball and foreign missions. I'm sure his readers are as annoyed by his comparisons as my readers are by mine. Next week, I'll return to my regular church planting updates without the baseball tie-ins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home